Teeth are important, they are the first thing that people see when you are in social conversation. Unsightly stained teeth are one of the main causes of insecurity in general public as it is impossible to hide them in day to day life. So what’s the solution? Home teeth whitening!
The good news is that you don’t have to pay exorbitant amounts of money to get them done by a specialist; you can spend a fraction of the price and get your pearly whites back in the comfort of your own home.
There are two ways your teeth can become stained, either intrinsic or extrinsic. The stubborn stains that hide in between the micro cracks buried underneath the enamel are intrinsic stains. Extrinsic stains are on the surface of your teeth. To get rid of them you need a teeth whitening kit.
The teeth bleaching procedure
Bleaching procedures transform the natural colour of your teeth, typically turning them anywhere from 4-5 shades lighter. The main active ingredient in bleach is hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide in concentrations of 6-16%. This helps to eliminate both surface and deep stains.
How does the teeth whitening kit work?
Denpure create custom teeth whitening trays for your teeth which you can wear at home either for 90 minutes a day or during the night for two weeks. If you notice any new stains, simply wear the whitening tray again for a couple of nights.
Are the results guaranteed?
The results of a teeth whitening kit are dependent upon the extent of the damage to your teeth. If you have serious discoloration a professional teeth whitening kit might not be the best option for you and you may require bonding or porcelain veneers to achieve that winning smile. A dentist or a hygienist will be able to determine the best course of action for your specific condition.
Side effects of home teeth whitening
The main side effects from using a teeth whitening kit is sensitive teeth. Sensitivity can happen during and after using a peroxide based bleaching agent. When your teeth are sensitive you will experience short, sharp pain in response to cold or hot drinks, sweet foods or aggressive tooth brushing. If you do experience this there are several options available for pain reduction:
- Reduce the amount of time you spend wearing your teeth whitening kit.
- Reduce the concentration of the whitening product.
- Increase the amount of time between bleaching treatments.
- Use a prescribed toothpaste or gel for tooth sensitivity.
- Gentle brushing using a soft bristle brush and warm water.
- Avoid hot or cold drinks or food for a few days after treatment.
- Use a desensitising agent for 10 to 30 minutes before and after each bleaching treatment.
How to keep your teeth white
Now that you have got the brilliant, white smile you’ve been dreaming about as a result of your teeth whitening kit you want to keep your teeth white. Here are tips to assist you:
- Brush and floss after breakfast and before you go to bed as well as in between meals.
- Rinse with water after drinking red wine, cola, tea or coffee.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
Here at Denpure we provide Boutique or Pola professional home tooth whitening kits at a fantastic one off price of £260.